Saturday 26 January 2013

Where Now ?? ... Four Thirds .

Gooday Folks,

It's being a while since Oly last launch a regular 4/3 camera. If it was a stand alone system like the old days, one may say that it's a norm for oly to launch a camera every 3 to 4 years. But since the advent of Micro 4/3, Oly has been concentrating most of it's resources on the later. We can clearly see why, for it's m4/3's that's moving sales. Not that a '' one country, two system '' is bad, it's just that a lot of the regular 4/3 users are left in the doldrums.

So, the million dollar question is ... Will ( and not when ) the E-7 ( or whatever they may call it ) .... ever surface ??? This question has surface around the photographic world recently....!!  Personally, I have a hunch it will arrive, albeit a little longer, maybe around 2014 or even early 2015, the reason being the OMD ( EM-5 ). The sales and success of this baby surprise so many including Oly themselves. This camera even won a number of camera of the year awards. It's m4/3 that's making money and moving sales for Oly, so, it's only natural for Oly to concentrate it's resources on it. 

On the other hand I see the E-7 being the last of the Mohicans. Simply because like most of the top end Oly cams, it's a money losing line and an unsustainable option for any company.  The Future clearly is Micro 4/3's and one that I feel will see the test of time.

As for me, Oly will always have a place in my heart ... This collage of pics below are my Appreciation for what Oly cameras has done for me in the past. They are all Regular 4/3 cams that I have shot with, along with a theme to match. I loved them for the OOC Jpegs and Rich Oly colours. Whatever the outcome maybe , just go out and have fun, and let things take it's natural course.... Cheers !!!

Here are a set of six collage along with the cameras that the pics were shot with. They are of course Regular 4/3s cameras. The one that I didn't own were the E-330, E-3 and E-5, but I did try it out with sets from my students and friends.























Remember at the end of the day, it's the Pics that matters, for all your gears are but  just tools of your creative imaginations.


Regards ... Uncle James Moh.

No comments:

Post a Comment